Free Business Webinars

Done Building Your Website? 3 Steps to Help People Find It

by Brant Schmitz
Brant Schmitz

Get Found Online According to a recent survey by Google, 55% of small businesses still don’t have a website. The remaining 45% who have made the move online are no doubt looking for an edge to get their website found before their competitors. If you’ve already completed that first big step and have your website up and ready, your next step should be paving a path for your potential customers to find you online.

Read More

Still Need to Get Your Business on Facebook? Here’s How

April 21, 2015

Facebook Business PageDespite Facebook’s announcement last year that a record 30 million active small business pages worldwide have been created, there are still many business owners who’ve yet to set up a company page. Does your business have a unique page yet?

Read More

10 Fraud-Busting Features on Deluxe’s High Security Checks

High Security Checks from DeluxeYou were trained to counter theft in its traditional forms. You keep your wallet in a breast pocket, not your back pocket, secure the strap on your purse, carry only small amounts of cash, and never let anyone stand too close to you while entering your ATM pin number. You’ve also guarded your most expensive possessions by never leaving your car unlocked and always alerting neighbors when you’ll be away from home.

Read More

Is Your Company Too Small to Warrant a Custom Logo Design?

April 17, 2015

Zenza LogoIf you’re considering having a professional logo designed for your business, but thought that you may be too small to need one, you may be doing your company a disservice. A logo is one of the most important branding elements you can have when it when marketing your business and is the key to getting your business noticed.

Read More

5 Unique Ways to Boost Your Marketing Creativity

Marketing a Pastry Shop ImageWhat makes a great marketing campaign? Relying on the tried-and-true strategies help, but things like developing a compelling offer and sharing it with your target audience are fundamentals – every marketer worth his or her salt knows them. If you really want to set yourself apart with direct-mail campaigns that earn outstanding response rates and digital marketing campaigns that go viral, you need to be creative.

Read More

27 Million Drivers Trust MapQuest; Is Your Business Listed?

MapQuest Business Listing ImageResearching your company’s web presence starts with reviewing your Google, Bing and Yahoo! profiles – that’s sound business practice. It’s also only half the job. Many small businesses error by halting their web presence efforts after they have reviewed the information on each of the search engines. While it’s true search engines draw the most views, they are not the exclusive providers of information on the web. Far from it, in fact. There are plenty of other information sources a business must consider, and this article will focus on one of those sources – MapQuest.

Read More

8 Things Most Businesses Forget When Launching a Website

Website Design ElementsBuilding and launching your website can be a daunting task. Typically, there’s a never-ending checklist requiring you to pull together, copy, images, hosting plans, domain names, etc. that sometimes small things fall through the cracks.

Read More

Gallery Owner Closes Business, But Leaves a Legacy

Betty-Straube-owner-Straube-GalleryBetty Straube always had an entrepreneurial side, but it wasn’t until her husband, Bob, passed away in 2006 that she considered running her own business. After offering to work as a volunteer at a local gallery for a few days, the gallery’s owner asked Betty if she would be interested in buying the business. Betty said “yes”, which launched her 8-year journey as a small business owner.

Read More

5 Ways to Effectively Measure a Paid Search Campaign

Paid Search MarketingWhen running an advertising campaign, whether it be online or offline, it’s important to understand what works and what doesn’t. One of the main advantages of online marketing is the availability of data to help you determine a campaign’s success. But take heed…this can sometimes lead to information overload! 

Read More

The Art of Balancing Two Types of Customers

Mother and Child GymnastSmall businesses come in all shapes and sizes, as do their customers.  And most small business owners know that marketing to these customers is vital to their long term success.  Now, what if your customer comes in two different sizes?  For 360 Gymnastics, in Shirley, Massachusetts, their clients come in very “small” sizes, ranging from pre-school to teenagers, starting out right under the height of a balance beam.   

Read More