10 Internet Statistics to Inform Small Business Marketing Decisions
1. 85% of U.S. adults use the Internet. Pew Internet Research, 2013.
2. 73% of U.S. adults use a social networking site, with 42% use multiple sites. Pew Internet Research, 2013.
3. 97% of consumers search online for products and services—yet 58% of small businesses do not have a website. Google, 2012.
4. Every second, there are 400,000+ searches run on Google, Bing and Yahoo. comScore, Nov 2013.
5. 63% of mobile device owners access the Internet. Pew Internet Research, 2013.
6. 49% of U.S. mobile users get directions, recommendations or other location based information. Pew Internet Research, 2013.
7. By 2015, Mobile search volume expected to exceed desktop. BIA Kelsey, 2012.
8. 43% of Americans own either a Tablet or e-book Reader. Pew Internet Research, 2013.
9. 73% of mobile searches trigger follow-up actions, including purchases, calls, visits and sharing . Google-Nielsen Study, 2012.
10. 96% of smartphone users have researched a product or service on their device. Our Mobile Planet: United States, Google/Ipsos OTX MediaCT, US, May 2012.